actress

Angelina Jolie: If my mother was alive, she would be proud of me


Last Saturday in Hollywood took fifth annual awards ceremony Governors Awards, where Angelina Jolie has received from the American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Jean Hersholt special award for individual contribution to humanitarian work - so-called "humanitarian Oscar."



Note that this award in the history of the "Oscar" was given to a total of 35 times, Jolie was honored to become the 36th winner of the coveted statuettes.

Director and actress knew that in the evening on November 16 it will have to go on stage, because of the It was announced two months earlier.

From the stage, Jolie turned to his family:

My family, my love, your love and support can make everything possible. I have no greater honor than to be your mother (Angelina Jolie came to the ceremony with Brad Pitt and son Maddox - Ed.).

She also remembered her late mother, Marcheline Bertrand, who has always inspired her to charity:

My mother loved art. She wanted me and my brother were artists. She believed that life does not mean anything if you do not do anything useful for others.

Star also reminded the audience that evening guests that she was lucky to have food, shelter, love, family and the opportunity to star in a movie, and But many other talented people are refugees and in need of help:

All of us who are in the hall, very lucky. I do not understand why my life has everything you need, while the talented women in the world who could do no less great films to be stuck in a refugee camp. I will do my best to help them. If my mother was alive, she would be proud of me.

In addition, Jolie thanked the Bosnian actors who have played in her film "In the Land of Blood and Honey" (In the Land of Blood and Honey).












Post a Comment

Post a Comment