Leonardo DiCaprio

Leonardo DiCaprio: I wanted to give up the role of Jay Gatsby







A few days are left before the premiere of "The Great Gatsby" and Leonardo DiCaprio has decided to please fans candid interview on the television show Good Morning America.

In an interview with a leading Leo admitted that the role of Jay Gatsby, not only was given to him is not easy - he even planned to withdraw from the project. But in the great work he has helped a close friend of Tobey Maguire and director Baz Luhrmann, DiCaprio, who starred in "Romeo and Juliet" 17 years ago.


On the role of Jay Gatsby:
I knew it was a risky venture. When we go to the theater, each of us has their own idea of "The Great Gatsby." I can not even count you how many people have recently come up to me and shared that this work - the best book in the world. And, of course, they think that I realized on the screen all the ideas that have developed in their head. But the presence in the film Toby [Maguayara] and base - people who I know for more than 20 years, really helped me. And yet, at first I hesitated for a long time, but the partnership and trust [convinced me to accept this role].

About the marriage:
I'm getting married, if there is a reason for this. We'll see what life brings me in the future. I'm not one of those who try to predict their lives. And I prefer to live for today.

On the mode:
I think fashion plays a very small role in my life. In truth, I almost do not think about it. I never caught up with fashion and I'm not interested in those who are important to what I'm wearing, I like to dress as comfortable as possible. But, of course, when I plan to visit movie premieres, or to see the light, then dressed accordingly solemn occasion.


Leonardo also said that he had read "The Great Gatsby" in high school - but, before you agree to take part in the project, re-read the novel Fitzgerald. Not only that, Baz Luhrmann shared with him a copy of the first edition of the book.

Also at the end of the interview DiCaprio recalled that on May 13 he will take part in a charity auction, "11:00" - the actor will sell more than 30 paintings, and the proceeds will send a Fund for Nature.













Post a Comment

Post a Comment